All presenters should send an e-mail to lab mailing-list two days before the seminar as a seminar announcement. On the e-mail, you SHOULD write following things,
- Title of your presentation
- Date and time
- Place you will talk (usually, it will be in Shirahada Lab seminar room)
- Abstract your presentation (around 500 words in Japanese OR 300 words in English). The abstract should include "what you want to discuss then."
The person who take minutes should make it (minutes) by listening discussion at the seminar. Good minutes includes following things.
1. What was the seminar topic.
2. What types of questions the presenters were asked.
3. What is the next action plan for the presenters.
Minutes maker should send an e-mail to lab mailing-list on the next day after the seminar.
Presentation time should be within 30 minutes. Q&A session will be 30-40 minutes. After the 1st presentation, we will have 5 minutes break.
All participants SHOULD have an attitude to contribute to each presenters' research progress. Participants want to check/survey something by reading seminar announcement.
Here are the basic attitudes when you attend/make presentation in the lab seminar.
- You NEED TO make "easily understandable" presentation materials by using figures and tables.
- You NEED TO think the participants will find their precious time and listen your talk.
- Even if you report previous studies, you NEED TO prepare your original ideas about that and discuss it with participants.
- You NEED TO understandthat human beings cannot grow without accumulating experiences that you acquired by serious match with the audience.